Four Arctic Islands: Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland
Exploring Spitsbergen, Jan Mayen, Greenland and Iceland in one Arctic voyage is a dream trip for many. Quark Expeditions can make that a reality for modern-day explorers who long to explore four very distinct Arctic islands—one after the other! And we have the perfect solution for travelers who have a hard time choosing between all four!Highlights of our 18-day Four Arctic Islands voyage include:
- Spitsbergen: you’ll have the opportunity to spot walruses, Svalbard reindeer, polar bears and other wildlife
- Jan Mayen: weather permitting, you can view the rarely visited Beerenberg volcano
- Greenland: you can explore Scoresbysund, the largest and deepest fjord system in the world
- Iceland: the trip concludes with a scenic sailing down the coast of Iceland to the capital city of Reykjavik.
Perfect for first-time visitors to the Arctic, this voyage highlights four spectacular destinations near the top of the world and provides an unforgettable taste of the region, featuring giant icebergs, towering mountains, granite cliffs, iconic wildlife, traditional Inuit culture and more.
Your adventure begins in the remote Norwegian island of Spitsbergen, renowned for its stunning scenery and abundant, varied wildlife such as polar bears and walrus. From there, sail south to the mysterious, volcanic Jan Mayen, a nature reserve so remote that few have ever been fortunate enough to explore this Arctic treasure. The next stop is Greenland’s beguiling east coast, where you will cruise deep into Scoresbysund to marvel at the overwhelming beauty of the world’s largest fjord system, gaze in awe at unimaginably vast icebergs, and admire the diversity of the flora and fauna that have fascinated explorers and visitors for centuries—and seize the opportunity to explore the remains of ancient Thule settlements. Your epic adventure culminates with a journey under the midnight sun to Reykjavik, where you can soak up Icelandic culture in a city that never sleeps.
(Incl. Transfer Package)
Why Travel with Quark Expeditions
- We have the most experienced expedition team in the polar industry
- We take our customers deeper into the Polar Regions than any other operator
- With over 30 years of experience as polar specialists, we know the Polar Regions better than anyone!