|Coral Expeditions, Australia’s pioneering cruise line, is delighted to announce the build of its fourth expedition cruise ship due to be delivered in mid-2019, with a further vessel intended to follow.
Modern and rugged, the new ship will carry a maximum of only 120 guests in 60 cabins including:
- 2 x Bridge Deck Balcony Suites – 55.8sqm with balcony
- 2 x Bridge Deck Balcony Staterooms – 21.4sqm with balcony
- 28 x Explorer Deck Balcony Staterooms – 21.4sqm with balcony
- 16 x Promenade Deck Staterooms – 17sqm with picture windows
- 12 x Coral Deck Staterooms – 17sqm with porthole windows
She will be Australian flagged and custom-designed around its clientele and expedition-focused itineraries, the new ship will feature several of Coral Expeditions’ much-loved features:
- Twin ‘Xplorer’ tenders mounted on hydraulic platforms that allow guests to embark and disembark for shore excursions without steps, queues or waiting
- A natural light-filled lecture lounge equipped with modern technology for daily presentations and briefings by expedition experts
- Facilities onboard to host scientific research missions and local exhibitors
- Spacious communal areas, including a relaxed dining area which seats all guests
- All outside-facing cabins with en-suite bathrooms; over half have private balconies
- Open bridge policy and guest observation lounge overlooking the bridge
The new ship will feature a modern Australian-designed interior with the colours and textures of tropical Queensland, the birthplace of the company. Active stabilisers will ensure guest comfort in varied conditions.