10% Early Bird Discount**Available for bookings made by 5 September 2017. Subject to availability. Discount applies to gross commissionable rate.
In response to increased demand to see more of Papua New Guinea, Coral Expeditions has planned a short series of four landmark expeditions in February 2018, each of 7 days duration. Positioning the Coral Expeditions I at the Sepik for a short month-long window, we will take advantage of her shallow draft and maneuverability to travel as far as the middle Sepik, where few have ventured before.
The Sepik is one of the world’s great river systems. Meandering 1,100 km through Papua New Guinea, this mighty river has nurtured tribes and cultures for millennia. With dense terrain making this part of the world largely inaccessible by road, the river provides access to villages and towns along its course.
An expedition of this nature cannot be planned to the hour. We will use trusted local guides and the rhythm of the river to plan our daily schedule. You are guaranteed a spectacular insight into one of the world’s last frontier lands. All meals and excursions are included in our cruise fare. Charter flights from Cairns are an optional extra (minimum passenger numbers required).
- Follow the barak (canal) to Murik Lakes. You may see traditional drama performed, or purchase carvings at Mendam.
- Be welcomed with a “sing sing”in the village of Bien
- Kambaramba – a village built over the water
- You may have your face traditionally painted at Tambanum
- Witness a “sing sing” and village demonstration at Kambinambit. You may see the sacred flutes played.
- Explore Chambri Lakes and see vibrant bird and animal life
- Visit Aibom – famous for its pottery
- See the largest Haus Tambaran at Kanganaman and view carvings and sacred flutes. You may see the famous garamut drums being played by village elders at Pelambei.
Madang to Madang
Coral Expeditions I (7 nights)
6, 13, 20 or 27 February 2018
From $4,990 per person twin share (excluding Early Bird Discount)