*Available for bookings made by 14 August 2017. Subject to availability.
Embarking in Broken Bay on December 26th, soak in the excitement at the start of the race from Coral Discoverer’s vantage point off Sydney Heads. Watch the fleet sail past as you hear expert commentary from our on-board lecturer, John Longley AM, a celebrated veteran of five Australian America’s Cup campaigns.
We sail the south coast and Bass Strait with the trailing fleet. Once across the Strait enjoy the scenic rugged Tasmanian coast with the opportunity to join our expedition team on a number of guided shore excursions to Tasmania’s Parks.
Scheduled to arrive in Hobart on New Year’s Eve, join the festivities of race presentations and the week-long Taste of Tasmania festival. Return to the Coral Discoverer for Captain’s farewell drinks and New Year’s Eve celebrations before disembarking on the 1st January at Macquarie Wharf 2.
Join Coral Discoverer this December on an exciting journey following the iconic yachting race.
- Enjoy a grandstand view of the start of the Sydney to Hobart race as the leaders come tearing through Sydney Heads
- Trail the yachts on a coastal cruise while you enjoy a drink at the Coral Discoverer’s sundeck Explorer Bar
- Learn about the technical aspects of ocean yacht racing from our onboard lecturer John Longley
- Hear about the partnership between ‘Old Tom’ the Orca and local whalers at the Killer Whale Museum in Twofold Bay
- Visit Adventure Bay on Bruny Island and stretch your legs on the Fluted Cape walk
- Sample Tasmania’s finest produce on disembarkation at Hobart at the Taste of Tasmania festival
- Ring in the New Year onboard and enjoy Captain’s farewell drinks
Coral Discoverer (6 nights)
26 Dec 2017 Embarks in Sydney’s Broken Bay
01 Jan 2018 Disembarks in Hobart
From $4,180 per person twin share (excluding Early Bird Discount)